The Steam version of Black Desert Online requires the purchase of the game from Steam as well as the creation of a new Black Desert Online account. Pre-existing Black Desert Online accounts created from methods other than Steam will not be able to play via Steam.
About the Game
Black Desert Online is a sandbox, living-world MMORPG. Experience fast-paced, action-packed combat, hunt monsters and huge bosses, fight with friends in a guild to siege nodes and region castles, train your life skills such as fishing, trading, crafting, cooking, and much more!
Players will enjoy jaw-dropping graphics, intuitive skill-based combat, and an immersive story encased in our expansive world that’s just waiting to be explored. Accompanied by a Black Spirit, a companion whose destiny is intertwined with their own, players will discover the secret of the Black Stones and the history of their corrupting effects.
- Robust Character Creation Tools – Make the character YOU want to play.
- Seamless Movement Throughout the World – No loading times necessary as you explore.
- Combo-Oriented, Non-Targeted Combat – Take part in fast-paced, action-packed combat with skills that can be chained through combos.
- Unique Weather and Climate – The weather and climate will have various effects on different zones that players can adapt to.
- Day / Night Cycle – Along with unique weather and climate changes, the game revolves around a day/night cycle that alters NPC behavior and triggers various events based on the time of day.
- Instanced Player Housing – From tents to palaces and everything in between, players can furnish and customize their own homes and can hire NPCs to keep your place clean or purchase things from the marketplace.
- Mounted Combat – Utilize your trusted mounts on the battlefield and take advantage of their mobility and effectiveness in combat. Keep in mind, however, that mounts will need to be cared for, housed and protected as they can die in combat.
- Boss Hunts – Group up with friends or other players to hunt down field bosses and world bosses to get that rare loot.
- Siege Warfare – Massive free-for-all guild battles! Join a guild and participate in daily node wars or weekly conquest wars against many other competing guilds. Win the node or castle and claim it for a week to collect taxes to increase your guild funds.
- Ocean Contents – Craft your boat and make sail to the vast oceans to fish, hunt ocean monsters and bosses, underwater exploring and gathering, quest missions, trade, and so much more.
- Taming & Breeding – Catch and tame horses and elephants in the wild to make it your mount. You can also breed horses for better offspring with improved mount stats and skills.
- Crafting – Enjoy all aspects of crafting in Black Desert from tools, weapons, armor, jewelry, boats, costumes, outfits, and more. Just about everything can be crafted in the world of Black Desert Online.
- Profession – Take part and grow your character into a profession that can help your income. With professions like gathering, processing, cooking, alchemy, training, fishing, hunting, trading, farming, and sailing, you can choose to play Black Desert Online the way you want to.
Black Desert Online Is Targetting Checkerboard 4K/30fps On Xbox One X, 6TFLOPS GPU Makes 4K Feasible
As opposed to the base version targeting 1080p and 30fps. [Source: gamingbolt.com ]
At Gamescom 2017, a demo of Black Desert Xbox One X version was shown to those who attended the expo. Now, the developer Pearl Abyss finally released the first official trailer for BDO Xbox One X. [So...[Read More]
Xbox Wants Diversity in its Games Lineup; It’s Good for Gears of War and Halo Developers to Be Quiet
Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg talks about the importance of having a diverse lineup of games, and how it’s nice for 343 Industries and The Coalition to be a bit quiet. [Source: dualshockers....[Read More]
It would have been discovered that the studio responsible for this multiplayer experience would get this project to the Microsoft platform. [Source: gametransfers.com ]