Death Rings of Jupiter is a 2d retro bullet hell shooter, set in the dense asteroid fields that make up the rings of Jupiter.
It features original gameplay that mixes classic gravity games and platformers.
Hidden somewhere in the rings of Jupiter, there is treasure, and it’s guarded by an infestation of alien monsters.
You steal a ship, fire up your percolator and set the controls for the epic gas giant.
While you dust off your trusty lasers, fear creeps into the back of your mind.
No one that has gone into the rings of Jupiter has ever returned.
- A Space survival bullet hell shooter. Mixing slow paced asteroid hopping with fast pace battles that can have hundreds of bullets and enemies on screen.
- Retro pixel art graphics including 200 colourful pixel art aliens that burst into pixels when they die.
- Feel at home in empty space with a big sci-fi synth and drum soundtrack, by VI-RES. And wicked title and win screens by Illustrator Joyous Colley.
- Procedurally generated guns, enemies and levels in each run. Find weapons like double shot exploding sniper, rapid fire flaming quadshot and poisonous homing lasers!
- Choose your own path and take different strategic approaches to defeating the three bosses. Upgrade your character, visit shops, find chests and items.
- Inspired by classic games like Gravity Force, Exile, Soldat, and Abuse.
- Plays at 60 frames per second , with the option of a 30fps mode for older computers.
- Built in auto-fire, no memory hacks required!
Find more music by Vi-Res at discocinematic.bandcamp.com