Eye of the Owl – The Hieronymus Bosch VR experience. Enabling you to go back in time to the artist’s studio and explore his masterpiece, The Garden of Earthly Delights. This application gives you the tools to explore the painting on your own in otherwise impossible detail, while the artist himself describes the bizarre and mystifying scenes. The painting has been digitized in ultra-high resolution, you can see the brushstrokes and into the cracks. Use a virtual magnifying glass you hold in your hand to discern the faintest details. Activate the magic carpet shrink transformation to see the characters life size and even more detail.
See what you can discover about Bosch and his masterpiece.
- Only one controller is used
- Use the buttons on the magnifying glass controller
- Info/Shrink – select an information point by seeing the info icon thru the magnifying glass, then pressing the Info button to shrink to the region
- Zoom – Toggel magnification factor on mag glass (only available on the top studio level)
- Timer – Displayed around the Info button when in shrink mode
- Space bar = Restart
- D = Demo/Exhibition mode (shorter, only 3POIs)
- X = Exit/Quit
- A virtual magnifying glass
You hold a magnifying glass in your hand and use it to magnify your view just like a real magnifying glass. Two different zoom levels available.
- Ultra-high resolution painting detail
You can see brushstrokes, and even the cracks in the painting. This is the highest resolution painting or likely any VR object to date.
- A painting soundscape
3D binaural sounds are positioned on the painting to alert the viewer to components in the scenes. Use headphones for 3D sound.
- Shrinking the viewer
You can shrink on the magic carpet for more close up detail and see the characters in life size.
- Vive Room Space
Ability to walk around and intimately examine this extraordinary painting.
Narration from the latest art historian research