Orange Town was once a place with no future. People were moving away with their kids, searching for better places to live and few remained there. One of those kids was Julia, who always dreamt of going back to her hometown. She studied business in college and along with her siblings, went back there with the dream of improving the town so that families no longer had any reason to move away. Thanks to her hard work, business in Orange Town has improved a lot under her leadership, making it so that young people moved there looking for opportunities instead.
You’re one of those young people that moved there, with your own dream: to become a farmer, have a piece of land you can call your own and make your living from it. An unusual dream, but one that your parents fully supported after hearing you tell about it for years and years. Now that you’re finally old enough, they bought you a piece of land and wished you luck, hoping that someday you’ll pay them back.
Orange Season is a farm life simulator, inspired by games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and Animal Crossing. It’s a game you can play for hundreds of hours and you’ll always have something new to discover.
- High focus on exploration, with many hand crafted areas (mountains, forests, caves, lakes and much more).
- Town festivals.
- Raise animals and plant crops on your farm.
- Increase your friendship with the town’s villagers by interacting to them and completing quests.
- Farm customization
- Open Source: The whole game code will be available on release, so modders can change anything they want.
- Three different towns, with different themes and dozens of characters each.
- Several festivals inspired by real life festivities from around the world.
- More than 30 different types of animals.
- Marriage system with over 10 potential spouses.
- Rival Marriage system, without predefined couples.
- Several minigames.
- Share a single farm and inventory across different save files, so you can play around with what-if scenarios.
- Companion System: You can ask a villager to hang out with you, or take one of your animals for a walk. They will follow you and participate in everything you do.
- Mod System: Every single detail of the game can be modified by installing mods on them.