Flatshot is a Shoot’em up (Bullet-Hell, Shmup or STG) with minimalist flat aesthetics.
- Keyboard and Gamepad support
- Available on Linux and Windows
- Continuous boss fights
- Steam achievements
- Global and friends ranking
- Save replays of your bests runs
- Watch global and friend’s replays
- Interactive tutorial and training
- Minimalist flat design
- Random generated backgrounds
- Engaging soundtrack
- Diverse, unique and challenging boss attack patterns
- Deep and simple core mechanics
With only 8 directional movement and a single action button we achieved a deep gameplay experience:
- Proximity damage multiplier: The closer you get, the harder you hit.
- Charge attack: Stop shooting to charge, shoot to unleash the an attack that cleans bullets in it’s way.
- Parry: Press the shoot button right before getting hit to parry.
- Parry dash: After a successful parry, keep the shoot button pressed for a short invulnerability time and speed boost.
- Damage proration: On hit, the player activates a shield that lowers the next hits damage.
We created a visually pleasing look inspired by flat principles.
- No HUD: We replaced the traditional HUD by other indicators such as screen shakes, sound effects, color effects. Now the player will be more focused on the fast paced action.
- Random generated backgrounds: Every time the game starts a new background will be generated. All backgrounds are carefully designed with colors and shapes that will surprise the player senses every time.