Gearend is a small 2D non-linear action-platforming exploration game. Taking classic retro games as a base, it sports an updated, modern look, feel, and sound.
You take control a small robot named Epsilon-98, or "Eps", as you explore an abandoned robotics research facility. Having been awoken by external forces, Eps sets out to find out just who has awakened him, and determine what has happened to the facility and its inhabitants.
Throughout the game, you find capsules, containing spare robot parts. These spare parts upgrade your capabilities, enabling you to slash, dash, shoot, block, fly, and more as you explore the dilapidated remains of an advanced robotics research facility. You also will also find other friendly robots who may help you in your journey.
- Fast-paced action platformer gameplay
- Non-linear game progression
- Many different pieces of equipment to collect, allowing for different play-styles
- Lovingly-crafted music and art
- Being entirely created by one guy, me, SolarLune