Golden Krone Hotel is a gothic horror roguelike. Fight vampires with sunlight or become a vampire yourself and sneak in the shadows.
You play as Sorina Arobase, a human general made famous for hunting vampires. You’re on a mission of revenge to kill Fane, the exiled vampire prince. Armed with your sword, revolver, and spell book, you must battle hordes of blood sucking foes. But first you’ll be picking one of 12 disguises that will help you on your journey.
- It’s a roguelike, really! Turn-based combat, permadeath, and tough as nails gameplay
- Fully dynamic lighting. Use sunlight as a weapon or snuff out torches to conceal yourself
- A groundbreaking potion identification system that encourages risk taking
- Each run requires you to play as both human and vampire, each with different strengths and weaknesses. Humans are frail spellcasters. Vampires are brawlers with super human speed and strength.
- Leaderboards and shareable morgue files
- Original soundtrack by Christopher Loza
- 10 floors, 9 branches, and 8 bosses
- Dozens of unique monsters
- 40 potions
- 21 spells
- 12 classes
Play your way
- Select tiles or ASCII
- 4-way or 8-way movement
- Three difficulty modes
- Go for a quick run (1-2 hours) or try to clear all optional branches, including the infinite levels of The Underworld!
Traditional roguelikes are a ton of fun, but usually come with an alphabet-soup of commands that make them tedious and unintuitive. Golden Krone Hotel has a modern, streamlined interface:
- A very small number of controls, all of which are rebindable
- Completely playable with either mouse or keyboard
- Keypress hints on all buttons to help you learn shortcuts
- Tooltips on everything
- No inventory management!
- Items are picked up automatically and gear is auto-equipped
All of which results in less downtime and faster gameplay.