What if your units have a mind of their own?
Will you try reverse psychology, or watch precisely how they interact with one another? Will you keep under control those never tired units, endlessly spreading out all around the map?
What if battles are thrown into a time loop?
If you can fight back the same player in an infernal loop, will you learn to predict the events that have yet to happen? Will you study his weak point or improve your performance?
What about a world without a single ally?
Surrounded by 100s of opponents all looking for the same goal, will you circle or will you charge right into the crowd to find your path?
And by the way… how will you deal with a spherical battlefield?
Welcome to iubes world.
- iubes are intelligent cubes: they gather resources, work, fight and defend by themselves…
- you have no possibility to micromanage your units, you’re not here to give basic orders.
- your job is to organize and optimize those AIs to defeat your opponents’.
- to do so, you have to understand their inner mechanics, since each of your action may affect the whole and utterly influence your timing.
- because of the intrinsic nature of the iubes, this world is a never ending battlefield where every battle is perpetuated until defeated by another player.
- 22,907,635 iubes were killed in action during the first opus. They are now back with new units, new capabilities, and a new objective: making of your the new King.
- and by the way, because of those spherical worlds, don’t forget there is always more than a single front line…
A WELL TIMED PLAN.
Basically, your goal is much like a classic strategy game: build your city, defend it, train soldiers, and ravage your enemy without mercy! But the way of doing this will be completely different than what you may be used to. The concept here is to focus on interactions between your iubes, your city, and above all time! A well timed plan is the key to everything…
The iubes have simply no interest in your micromanagement skills: they’ll do… whatever they think they have to. You only decide of their growth in time and space by deciding what they must build, where and when. That is to say you have to manage your population by integrating your commands into their own organization without unbalancing their workflow. Let’s face it: you’ll need to stay focused.
FIX THE ISSUES.
Since everything rely on your iubes’ efficiency, you’ll discover that your choices can utterly influence the time taken to finish a building, spawn new units, or go to war. To protect your iubes from dilution, watch carefully and take the time it takes to understand the way everything works and how to improve your setup. But seriously: always keep an eye on your iubes…
Online battles are quite unusual: you’ll be thrown in a 1 vs 1 instancing system:
each player is located on a map cell which carry the method and organization of its owner. When you play an opponent, you don’t play him in real time, but you fight against a dynamic replay of his last successful strategy: since the iubes don’t need to be managed, they’ll keep the effectiveness and achieved velocity of their owner. And because they never get tired… you’ll be able to take the whole night to find a loophole in his setup!
KING OF THE REALM.
You start on the edge of the world: target a surrounding opponent and defeat him to take his position whatever his colour is. Step by step, battle after battle, move forward to your targeted destination and collect the 4 banners all around the world. Of course you’ll have to find your way between more experienced players.
If you ever succeed in obtaining all of the banners, you may try to reach the center of the world. Only there you’ll become the king of the iubes…