Kentucky Route Zero is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway in the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it.
The game is developed by Cardboard Computer (Jake Elliott, Tamas Kemenczy, and Ben Babbitt), and features an original electronic score by Ben Babbitt along with a suite of old hymns & bluegrass standards recorded by The Bedquilt Ramblers.
The game is split into five acts. Acts I, II, III, and IV are available now. The remaining act will be released when it’s completed. Taken as a whole, Kentucky Route Zero is roughly the length of a summer night.
- A focus on characterization, atmosphere and storytelling rather than clever puzzles or challenges of skill.
- A unique art treatment inspired by theatrical set design.
- A haunting score accompanies the ambient sounds of the bluegrass state.
- Wander the highways of Kentucky.
- Make some friends before morning.
J Station X: The games industry speaks out against President Trump’s travel ban, with game developers such as Playdots, Bethesda and more voicing support for diversity. [Source: jstationx.com ]