An utopia they say
Everyone lives in an utopia, because science makes huge leaps in every area. But Landon, he’s not happy. He’s not getting the enjoyment he wants, so he tries to get some.
Landon is about a 22 year old rebel, which also is society’s only saviour. He thinks, because he’s arrogant. You’re supposed to help him stop the development of insemination techniques that hinder his life from being fulfilled, but also see what terror you can cause upon the land.
Planned mechanics, a summary
It’s a 2D Metroidvania, where you choose if you’d like to explore or not. In an open world, what you want to do is your choice. If you’d like to sell your things and walk around defenseless, sure why not. Or upgrade your favourite weapon to max, let’s do that. But don’t forget to collect all of the gold or you’ll get punished. You shouldn’t sell everything, you’d probably die.
A lot of the mechanics are currently in very early states and some doesn’t exist yet, but are written here just to make sure that they get to be a part of the game and so that you’ll know that they are supposed to come.
- Choosing your path, story or just grinding.
- The yet-to-come Companion System.
- Yet-to-come upgrade system. Combine and upgrade a lot of weapons into madness.
- Fully working inventory system.
- Shooting and jetpacking. Ladders, too.
- Dying. Going through doors.
- Opening chests and dialogues.
- Collecting collectables of different values. As well as destroying them.
- Dogs. Sword fighting.
- Places unreachable without proper equipment.
Things to come before Christmas 2017
- Well-developed combat system.
- Gamepad controls.
- Story and NPCs that narrate it.
- A deep companion system, where you can control the companions actions and where to move.
- Upgrade system at a vendors place.
- Tons of hidden places to explore where you can get new items and collectibles to upgrade more stuff.
- Bosses and such. Dungeons or what you want to call it, to explore.
- Soundtrack, audio effects. Juicy stuff basically.