Ever wanted to learn how to read Japanese? The first step is to learn "Hiragana" and "Katakana", otherwise known collectively as "Kana"! "Kana" refers to the Japanese alphabet – a collection of symbols that each make a distinct sound. By stringing multiple Kana together, you can form whole words or even entire sentences!
Learn Kana The Fun Way! is the best way to learn Kana, and here’s why:
- You probably already know how to play! If you’ve played Tetris or Puyo-Puyo, you’ll feel very comfortable with Learn Kana The Fun Way!
- We’ll ease you into learning each Kana by slowly introducing new ones over the span of 20 campaign levels
- Test your Kana knowledge in either Play Mode or Free Training mode
- High score table allows you to track your progress and watch yourself improve over time
- Earn up to 14 achievements. Earn them all, and you’ll have mastered Kana!
- Easy-to-learn rules, an addictive soundtrack, and fun visual effects ensure the game will hold your attention much longer than other products!
Of course, it’s only fair that we also tell you what this game won’t teach you:
- Stroke order
- Kanji (a third, much more involved Japanese alphabet that you shouldn’t try to learn until later on in your studies)
Learning Kana is the first of 3 major steps toward mastering the Japanese language. After you’ve mastered Kana with the help of our game and want to continue learning Japanese, you should also consider learning Kanji (we recommend using WaniKani), along with Japanese grammar (we suggest "A Guide to Japanese Grammar" by Tae Kim).