"One of the most interesting and promising experiments in making large, complex games I’ve seen on the Vive." – Many A True Nerd
"If RPGs in VR are your thing, definitely check this out." – UploadVR
Cast spells, perform rituals, learn terrible truths and try not to die in this massive Dark Souls-inspired VR RPG.
You awaken in a darkened castle – or is it something else? – full of dangerous creatures, a history of tragedy, and arcane powers that you can wield. From there, you’ll delve into the weird landscape of the Well Of All Rewards…
While playing Left-Hand Path, You Will
- Learn arcane gestures to cast powerful spells: fling acid missiles, strike your foes using a lightning staff, rain meteors from the sky, conjure an army of screaming skulls, flaming boulders from the ground, and many more.
- Master a complex ritual magic system based on historical Hermetic magic.
- Delve deep into a fleshed-out game experience – over 15 hours of single-player, VR-exclusive content so far and more to come.
- Become part of a history of human greed and ambition, tragedy, sacrifice in the name of love, and lust for power.
- Fight lethal monsters that will test both your physical skills – duck, dodge, outmanoeuvre – and your mastery of magic.
- Explore eerie landscapes, and interact with other humans, including historical figures like Lord Byron and Samuel Taylor Coleridge – and with stranger creatures still.
- Gather the fallen Husks of your foes to gain power and unlock new abilities.
- Choose whether to explore nooks and crannies of the world to discover secret truths and powers.
Left-Hand Path ISN’T
- Left-Hand Path is NOT a seated VR experience. In Left-Hand Path you’ll gesture to cast spells, squat to avoid an axe larger than your whole body, dodge to let arrows whizz past you, duck to look into secret passages, hook hidden items into view, and more. It’s specifically designed for room-scale, and it’s room-scale only.
- Left-Hand Path is NOT a short arcade experience. It’s a fully-fleshed-out, voice-acted, animated RPG with over 15 hours’ play time.
- Left-Hand Path is NOT easy. To quote my biggest inspiration for the project, Dark Souls, "Prepare To Die". But it’s also not unfair. Enemies do have weaknesses, and you have the power of magic itself. You’ll find your way.
We’ll see you in the Well of All Reward.
We Who Watch The Well await you…
Play Style Details
Locomotion: Left-Hand Path supports both teleport-style locomotion and sliding-style locomotion.
Left-Handed Support: Left-handed play is fully supported.
Low-Terror And Story Mode: Prefer to play an RPG experience without the pant-ruining terror? Or want to enjoy the experience without so many gruesome deaths? Left-Hand Path now has optional Low-Terror and Story Modes so you can enjoy the game.
Arachnophobia Mode If you’d prefer to avoid spider-like enemies, Left-Hand Path has an optional spider-free mode for you to enjoy – but don’t think that makes it otherwise less challenging!
Minimum Spec: Left-Hand Path should run smoothly on any PC that’s VR-ready.
Play Time: Left-Hand Path is 15 hours of play time or more. This is not an experience you’ll go through in a single play session!
Steam reviewers say…
“I was lured in by its enchanting graphics and fantasy lore that just blends in so well with the story. They’re also horror elements I’ve jumped more in this game than any horror game I played with only two of the scares rigged.” – Knytron OMEGA
“My girlfriend said "this isn’t as scary as you said." Then the very first enemy in the entire game attacked her. She screamed and tried to rip the Vive off, failed, and ran directly into the wall then fell on the ground.” – Deathdefy
“This game is right up there with Vanishing Realms. It’s the scariest game I have ever played and the graphics and sound are excellent.” – Montaigne
Hugh Hancock, the founding father of Machinima and subsequently Strange Company has unexpectedly passed away. [Source: pcinvasion.com ]