Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a 90s style point-and-click adventure game with puzzles, exploration and an exciting story, written completely in rhyme!
Deep in a fjord, a girl and her bovine,
Western Norway, nineteen-twenty-nine.
This is a story from Calf Ledge,
a farm perched on a mountain edge.
It’s 1920’s Norway, and you play as Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. You take care of your cows and make delicious dairy products that your friend sells in the closest town. But the dairy business is not going so well, and life on the farm is lonesome and hard. And at nights mysterious things keep happening to Ruth and her cows, making Ruth wonder: Is this the life she wants?
Then one day a giant, golden ship descends from the sky, forcing Ruth out on a journey that will change her life.
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a story about moving into the unknown, breaking free from the past, it’s a story about age, life, death and time – but most of all it’s a story about finding your own place in the universe.
- A lovingly crafted universe with hand-painted backgrounds combined with old school pixel art
- An exciting, intriguing story filled with wonder
- All dialogue and game text written in rhyme!
- Good pacing, not tooooo difficult
- Steam achievements
- Autosave and custom save games
- Four earth-based cows
- Lovely, original soundtracks
- 2-5 hour playtime
- Made with passion by one guy from Norway