You are 4 friends. On a couch. You have 4 controllers. All you need is a post-apocalyptic excuse to duke it out. Only you never thought you’d love a fungi spewing gun that always leads to the same end result: glorious dismemberment. Moribund is a local multiplayer game that takes place in a post apocalyptic world where a highly aggressive fungus strain has devoured most of the life. The gameplay is fast paced and has an "easy to learn, hard to master" approach. Two to four players can play simultaneously.
Each player has a gun with two firing modes. The first mode is used to immobilize the enemy. While the enemy is immobilized, you can charge you harpoon (your second firing mode) and shoot it against the helpless enemy. If he hasn’t escaped then his gory, splattery death is guaranteed. Simple right? But when you add 4 players, a couple of hazards and power ups in the mix everything becomes much more exciting.
- 15 super hard single player challenges.
- A wide variety of multiplayer levels (80 levels split over 8 settings, each with its own graphical environment, mechanics, and music track).
- Two multiplayer game modes (Free for all and Team battle).
- Eight characters each with his own unique personality and voice acting.
- Several stage mechanics promising unique and hilarious deaths.
- The glorious rag doll. The pillar of the game allowing ever-unique dismemberments and deaths.
This is a game that is designed to be played with friends. Four is the magic number. You should also have enough controllers for everyone (As far as we know any kind of controller should work fine) but in case of need you can have up to two players on a keyboard (highly unrecommended). And the game works best on a 1920 x 1080 display. The game does have a single player mode in which you can compete in 15 unique challenges.