"Thousands of years ago, lived a man named Oedipus, king of Thebes and slayer of The Sphinx.
A man whose fate was to kill his father, Laius, and then marry his own mother, Jocasta.
But what if he could have gamed the system and cheated his own fate?"
With the generous help of three fates and Dionysus, the Olympian god with his own TV show, your task is to find a date for Oedipus. But it won’t be as straightforward as it seems. At first, you won’t know their true identities. Once you romance each character to a certain level, their true identity will be revealed to you. After that, you must avoid pairing Oedipus with Jocasta. A piece of cake, right? Well, other complications will certainly arise and maybe, with a little ingenuity, you can even end up with Jocasta and not be punished for it. But how?
This game was designed with replayability in mind. That means that there are many different choices to make, with lots of nooks and crannies to explore. While the overall structure of having 15 days with 4 time periods each remains the same every time you play, each character’s American name, location in the Casino Hotel and alcoholic beverage of choice will change. If you have additional questions not answered by the dialog trees, you can also try typing the question directly to the character.
- 6 characters for your Oedipal dating needs:
- Jocasta, Oedipus’s Mother
- Clotho, Goddess of Birth
- Lachesis, Goddess of Life
- Atropos, Goddess of Death
- + 2 other characters
- 13 achievements for all you hunters out there!
- 10 different endings (7 good, 3 bad, 0 ugly)
- 6 types of drink to sway them!
- 6 types of gift to please them!
- 5 original background music tracks ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
- 3 jobs to earn you a pittance…
- 3 gambling options for you to try your luck at!
- 1 ancient language to learn (Well, that’s Greek to me!)
- 0 walls of text to read, which means you’ll be choosing your own path while defying your fate!