After civilization has collapsed and only left ruins, surviving in this environment is a particularly difficult challenge.
As single player, you have to gather useful items from buildings, cars and the environment, construct tools, grow your own food, go hunting and fishing.
- Huge, open world: The environment including buildings is procedurally generated, a 120 square km wide area (= about 75 square miles).
- Bow hunting: Construct a bow and you will be able to go hunting. You can create arrows of various properties to achieve different effects.
- Grow your own food: You can create your own farm, and grow potatoes, carrots and other food.
- Winter / Summer cylce: Due to the tremendous side effects of the war causing the collapse, summer and winter both only last a few days. You have to adapt to this and gather enough food during summer to survive each winter.
- Head Quarter: Choose any building in the world and make it your headquarter. You can store items there, and bug in during the winter.
- Dynamic day / night cycle: Temperature, amount of sight and behavior of wildlife significantly depends on this.
- Chop down trees and harvest wood, for keeping warm during the winter, constructing tools or creating fires.
- Light sources: You can use match sticks, torches and lamps (if you can find batteries) during the night. Or build a camp fire.
- Fishing: Construct a fishing rod and you will be able to go fishing.
- Tasks to solve which guide you through the game play and show how everything is being done. Currently, there are 16 tasks impemented.
The game is single player only and was designed like this, so that no other player is able to ruin your experience. This game also doesn’t include any zombies.