Welcome to “Rest in Jelly”, a videogame that will test your platforming ability and precision in ways that will drive you crazy. All you will need is just a button… plus an almost non-human accuracy and nerves of steel.
We wanted to create a game that dares you to become a platformer king in a different way. We love games that do so, just like Super Meat Boy: a game where you die constantly and still feel the urge of starting again to get it right. But we did it even simpler and purer:
Jack is always running, so it’s all reduced to your ability to jump, which we believe is the quintessential element of platforming games. It seems easy, yet it is deadly hard!
You will control Jack, a clumsy devil that finds himself in the center of a terrible jelly rebellion. Jellies can seem silly, but don’t fool yourself: they plot for the demise of the world as we know it (or at least as Jack and his fellow devils know it). You will visit 4 different worlds while progressing on the “Rest in Jelly” plot. End the jelly rebellion while unlocking the 10+ secret characters.
“Rest in Jelly” might be controlled with just one button, but it features lots of content. 14 playable characters, 4 different worlds, 150+ levels, LOTS of hazards and enemies, and multiple game modes for 1 or 2 players locally. You will be fighting jellies for hours! You can even fight your friends to see who’s the real platforming master!
Nowadays new generation consoles feature controllers that feel like rocket science. New games take pride in their intricate mechanics and sometimes they get lost in their own complexity. We believe in minimizing gaming to its purest form. The result is “Rest in Jelly” a high-ability videogame where you will face lots of mazes, enemies and obstacles only armed with no more than one button; because one button can be the difference between a player and a true champion.
- Game design at its purest form – An entire game that can be controlled with just one button.
- Lots of challenges and dangers – Campaign mode with 4 different worlds and over 50 levels to beat.
- Stop the jelly rebellion – A funny and engaging plot around the jelly rebellion that will lead you to unlock over 10 hidden characters.
- Wit and ability – Each level will test you: you will need to understand what it takes to beat the level and then you will need to be enough skilled to do it.
- Multiple modes for 1 and 2 players – “Rest in Jelly” includes 2 solo modes and 2 local multiplayer modes so you can beat those nasty jellies alone or competing with your friend.
As a studio, we’ve always wanted to combine our skills to create quality products. Our philosophy is to treat our creations not like games, but as memorable experiences worthy of appreciation and remembrance. That’s what we aim to achieve every time we start a new project.
If all goes well, every creative process will be filled with small moments of joy that will contribute to crafting a complete piece of work of which to be proud. For us, bringing any of our creations to fruition is a little miracle. We want others to consider them as such too.