Revenge Quest is a light-hearted side-scrolling shoot-’em-up inspired by Film Noire and Art Deco architecture. You (and your friend) play as one of several characters each seeking revenge from Hoka Hola, the company that dries up the rivers and sells the water back to you. You must fight the robotic guards that stand in your way all the way to the boss, using whatever weapons and help you can get, and get revenge!
The combat in Revenge Quest is fast. You must plan your moves before you attack, and understand the enemy’s patterns before moving out from cover. Each level will require you to come up with your own tactics to get past its challenges.
Ever since the drought, Hoka Hola has taken advantage of the scarcity of water by bottling it up down to the last drop and selling it at a steep price. A rag-tag group of rebels, including you, intend to do what it takes to get the rivers flowing again.
- Movable environment. Just about everything in the environment can be moved around to provide dynamic cover and block off enemies
- Single player. Brave the machine alone
- Local cooperative multiplayer. Get a friend to lend you a hand. Good thing you were both trained in CPR. You can revive your fallen friend when playing multiplayer
- A host of unlockable characters. Each character has a unique part to play in the story
- A growing selection of classic and strange weapons. Each character brings their weapons of choice to the table
- Tough bosses. Besides the robotic minions watching the hallways, a well-oiled guardian robot defends each door to prevent intruders from getting too close to the heart of the operation.
As the game grows we will implement these new features, to name a few:
- Robot evolution. The robots will begin evolving to counter your strategies. Only the strongest robots will survive
- Conversations with branching dialogue and lasting effects
- Upgradeable weapons
- Multiplayer duels