(Old English: blessed, fortunate, prosperous, happy)
SÆLIG is a strategy, role-playing, simulation, and trading game about the things that matter; life, death, money, and family. You will be in charge of managing the life and affairs of a young Anglo-Saxon in the kingdom of Wessex, a kingdom at constant war with Vikings. It is in this world that you must find a way thrive and make a name for yourself, and your family.
At its very core SÆLIG is a trading and management game centred around the accumulation of wealth, and the survival of your family. It also incorporates many role-playing and simulation features, including: relationships, buffs, skills, health, missions, needs, character based interactions, and direct character control.
There are numerous ways you can live your life, each one brings both risk and reward
- Find love, and start a family
- Start a business, hire workers, and produce the goods that people need, as well as luxury items
- Make your fortune by trading between towns
- Head a gang of thieves and take what you want
- Sabotage your competition and monopolize goods
- Accept and carry out missions to deliver goods around the map
Some other key features
- A living, breathing world, where each character is trying to survive and prosper
- Each character has their own life from start to finish and has the potential to shape the world around them, just like you
- Live through several generations – when you die, you can continue as your one of your children
- Dynamic seasons and weather that affects the world around you
- Lots of different types of buildings to purchase and upgrade
- Fires and diseases have the potential to not only decimate your home, but also towns and villages all over the map.
- Living economy – nothing simply exists, everything is made and consumed by the population.
SÆLIG is not feature complete, however all of the above is currently available for you to enjoy, with lots more on the way.
(Linux version coming after initial release)