SCP: Secret Laboratory is a multiplayer horror game, based on SCP – Containment Breach by Undertow Games (in 2012). To create this game, Unity engine was used to provide high stability and good graphics. Still being at the beta phase, game can contain an amount of bugs and errors which are usually spotted by a large team of testers and fixed quickly after.
It is a completely free horror game based on SCP Foundation creepypasta series. The Foundation focuses on protecting world from any entity, object or phenomenon which exceeds the all-known idea of normal.
The underground facility suffers from multiple breaches from various SCP objects which escape their containment chambers. During this events chain, players are given roles to play:
- Class-D Personnel – Prisoners kept for a purpose of being lab rats. Their mission is to escape the facility without getting any attention from others.
- Nine-Tailed Fox – Team designated to neutralize the danger and rescue Scientists.
- Scientist – Breach attendant that tries to escape the facility alive.
- SCP Object – anomaly trying to kill as much people as possibly. Currently only few SCP objects can be found in-game, but progressively their number will grow in oncoming updates.
- Chaos Insurgency – Foundation traitors, trying to help Class D to escape in order to obtain helpful information.
Randomly generated facility and role division makes every game special and full of sensations! You never know where you are heading or what awaits you behind the next door, no matter of what role you are playing. The winner team is one that finished all of its objectives.
There are many ways of fighting against enemies, from using firearms to detonating the whole facility with an hydrogen bomb.
In the game, we can encounter such anomalies like:
- SCP-173 – Living concrete sculpture that can move only when not observed, killing people by snapping opponents’ necks.
- SCP-106 – Humanoid able to walk past matter, sending its prey to its Pocket Dimension.
- SCP-079 – Self-evolving Artificial Intelligence, able to control facility control systems.
- SCP-049 – Plague doctor trying to "cure" everyone he meets.
- SCP-914 – Object improving machinery.