UPDATE 8 – STEP INTO THE ARENA!
- 3 new levels and 5 old ones now feature Arena gameplay! Experience endless
variety by progressing through increasing difficulties of randomly generated waves of
- Endless wave! Survive any of the arenas for as long as you can against endless
- Daily challenge! Endless wave on the arena map of the day, where each day a new
set of enemies is served so that everyone playing faces exactly the same challenge.
- Added leaderboards for all 3 arena modes. Who can survive arena the longest?
- Multiplayer characters! Chose between Serious Sam or Serious Sammy.
UPDATE 7 – SKILLS AND POWER-UPS
- Fight your way through waves of pesky aliens using the brand new skills and power-ups system.
- Earn skill points by completing planets, higher the difficulty more skill points you earn.
- Unlock weapon upgrades by completing perfect runs.
- Lay waste on your enemies with tactical orbital lasers and plasma cannons, slow down time, improve and overcharge your weapons, create holographic decoys, release swarms of flying quadcopters, unleash an army of spiders, place minigun turret defenses, or simply create giant explosions!
- Various visual and gameplay fixes and lots of stability fixes and optimizations, as usual. Check out the discussion boards for the full changelog.
UPDATE 6 – ARCADIA UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE!
- Planet Arcadia is now available. Fight your way through four different locations: Sea Breeze, Meadow of Death, The Lost Valley and The Final Breath
- Four new enemies
- New giant boss. And he has a crush on you!
- Feeling overwhelmed? Try out the devastating cannon.
- As usual, update includes tons of fixes, tweaks and optimizations. Check out discussion our boards for the full changelog.
UPDATE 5 – VALTOS IS HERE!
- New planet Valtos with four different locations: The Swamp, Ancient Breeze, The Old Forest and Green Dream
- 2 new additions to Sam’s arsenal: a bow with piercing/explosive arrows and the deadly Devastator
- 6 new enemies
- 1 new boss, as scary as it is slimy
- Tons of fixes, tweaks and optimizations
- Added cooperative for Shaanti planet.
- Added Chinese localization (store text only, full loc pending).
- Added four different firing modes for laser sword.
- Several stability fixes and optimizations.
- New planet Shaanti with four different locations and five difficulty settings.
- 3 new game mechanics.
- 9 new enemies.
- 1 new boss.
- Left hand weapon is no longer mirrored, so eventual texts on it will not look inverted.
- Screen areas not visible due to HMD lens distortion are now masked and don’t render, yielding better performance.
- Fixed darker display on right eye when using RiftCat on some devices.
- Mixed Reality now supports portrait camera mode. This makes it easier to fit a human actor inside the frame.
- Some menu buttons in some menus were clipped. Fixed. (Most notably in Mixed Reality Wizard, Credits menu, etc)
- Improved Performance auto-detection, for cases where single-pass VR rendering is used.
- Fixed in-game menu sometimes not opening in front of player in room-scale setups.
- Tons of stability fixes and optimizations.
- Added two-player coop mode: play campaign with your friends online.
- Added two new difficulty settings: tourist and serious (both in single player and coop mode).
- Weapon pricing inside store (shotgun is a little cheaper, laser ammo is a bit cheaper)
- Adjusted health of certain enemies (Khnum has less health)
- Various bug fixes.
- Various performance optimizations.
- Added full support for Oculus Rift and Oculus Touch on SteamVR.
- Added mixed reality setup wizard: https://youtu.be/c_An0vxvPnk
- nVidia VR SLI – Added support for nVidia VR SLI.
- In multi-GPU setups, the game will now automatically use the GPU into which HMD is connected.
Minor gameplay fixes and tweaks.
- Various performance optimizations.
About the Game
Have you ever wondered what it’s really like to be Serious Sam? Have you ever wanted to fight Mental’s alien hordes with your own two hands? Well, now you can! Step into the shoes of the Earth Defense Force’s greatest hero in this unique VR simulation based on Sam Stone’s own log files from his time as captain of the Battlecruiser Saratoga. Experience the missions that turned Captain Stone into the legend that he is today.
- Tons of enemies – Hordes of attacking enemies have always been a trademark of the Serious Sam series, and Serious Sam: The Last Hope continues to deliver countless terrors in just one scene, harnessing the serious power of the Serious Engine 2017.
- Tons of guns – Dual-wield miniguns, tommy guns, heavy lasers, shotguns, and an assortment of other guns. Oh, and chainsaws, too! Use 16 different weapons, including the rocket launcher, and Sam’s trademark alien-killing toy – the minigun. Also, there’s a sword and a shield, for good measure.
- Planet-hopping action – Visit five unique planets, and battle across treacherous Egyptian sands, in the pitch-dark under ancient ruins, or on the surface of Pladeon, the long-abandoned heart of a great industrial civilization.
- Dick’s back, too! – Featuring the voice of Serious Sam, John. J. Dick, dropping one-liners almost as fast as you drop your enemies.
- Cry for Mummy – Defeat Mental’s most powerful servants, starting with the Unholy Space Mummy of Gamma Pegasi, a huge undead monstrosity brought to life with dark magic – as dangerous as it is smelly! And that’s just the first boss, and there are five of them – each one more deadly and terrifying than the last.
- Upgrade and improve – Evolve your arsenal and yourself, unlocking 36 powerups and 190 weapon upgrades during Sam’s adventures.
- It takes two to tango – Play through any level with a partner, picking between Serious Sam or Serious Sammy as your character of choice.
- Randomly Generated Gameplay! – This new gameplay option is split to three different modes. Fight off random waves of enemies that ensure every playthrough is completely different, and challenge yourself in 8 arenas consisting of 4 waves and 20 difficulty settings in the chaotic Arena mode. Face endless waves of enemies, trying to stay alive as long as possible in the Endless Wave mode, or try your luck at the Daily Challenge mode, facing the same challenge as other players around the world on the arena map of the day.
- Global Leaderboards – Compare your score and get bragging rights over your friends and foes thanks to global leaderboards supported by each of the Arena modes.
- Hyper-immersive realism – Graphics so good that if you die in the simulation, you die in the real world!*
*Might or might not be entirely true. But we tested it and we’re pretty sure it works the other way around.