Shape an empty island into a wacky ecosystem. The game puts you in the role as a stranded spirit, with the power to give and take life, in a world that learns from your actions.
The land will grow over time, and so can your inhabitants. As new castaway creatures and plants drift ashore, you can either zap their life force or grant them amnesty in your world. With some of your magic energy, over time they can become a strong population. But take care to keep a balance of creatures, plants and minerals, or your fragile world will soon fall apart.
Play trough 9 imaginative missions, and unlocks new creatures, plants and minerals.
* Shape your world and your ecosystem
* Give animals/plants/minerals energy, and they will multiply and reproduce more over time
* Take energy from animals/plants/minerals and they will die and/or stop reproducing
* New animals/plants/minerals occasionally appear near your island, and can be incorporated into your ecosystem
* Animals have different diets, and need food to survive
* Land randomly grows over time, creating and expanding islands
* Day/night, random weather and disasters that affect spawning and animal behaviors
* Adventure Mode gives challenging missions, and unlocks new creatures, plants and minerals
* Free Mode lets you choose what objects to start with, from creatures, plants and minerals unlocked
* Animal poop
The Food Chain
At the heart of Spirit is the food chain, which you must carefully balance. An example island may start off as a simple landmass with bushes and a few birds. The Spirit can energize and grow the objects you desire, and the game world learns and evolves from your actions. Creating more bushes and energizing them will grow more berries, which again supports more birds. Energizing- and allowing the birds to multiply will create a colorful display, but tipping the balance too much will leave all the bushes picked dry, and eventually the birds starving. As new inhabitants seek amnesty on your islands, you have to make tough decisions as to i.e. what kind of carnivore population your handful of birds can sustain, or if you have to seek out alternate food sources or more space first.
The objective in Free Mode is simply to create a thriving island, which under your guidance can become huge and vibrant, while left untended will soon wither and become an empty lump of land. In Adventure Mode, each mission has a more specific objective, with unique whacky experiences.