[25/03/2017] New Version 0.3.1
- Faster loading times, better editor performance and memory usage
- Lots of editor usability tweaks and fixes
- In-game bug fixes for border collisions and ship tracking
- In-game minimap, track preview in menus
- New in-game FX
[22/11/2016] New Version 0.3
- 5 completely new tracks
- Reviewed the handling to give a better sense of weight
- Support for track curvature, ie tubes and tunnels
- Support for boost pads
- Support for different track widths
- Improved editor interface and features
- Memory and performance optimizations
- A little less stupid AI
Super Pilot is a futuristic racing game that lets you create, edit and share your tracks in the blink of an eye.
Design your own crazy track by adding loops, twists, or making it vertical, upside-down, or whatever you'd like, using our powerful and easy-to-use track editor.
Then start a race on your own creation to compete against your friends in split-screen, or up to 50 AIs, in a high speed, high adrenaline competition. No physics simulation, no weapons – just master the boost, the drift, and the extreme speed of your ship through impossible loops and turns.
Or just play on the pre-made tracks and simply enjoy the thrill of high speed, no gravity racing!
The game is still in development and this version is an early demo to showcase the core features of the game, and put them to the test. We're looking for feedback on the editor and suggestions on how to improve its usability, as well as general impressions on the racing controls.
So, we'd like to hear from you! Either click the "Send feedback" button on the main menu, or join us for an open conversation on our subreddit. Or give us a shout on our Twitter or Facebook. Or add a comment below. 🙂
Current main features
- Track editor with support for looping, twisting and rotating the track
- Support for track distortion: width adjustment, curvature, etc
- Boost pads!
- Quick race and time attack modes
- Local multiplayer up to 4 players
- Up to 50 dumb AIs
- One environment, 2 ships
Main features we'd like to add
- Track sharing
- Championship mode
- Smarter AIs
- Online multiplayer
- Support for jumps, slippery surfaces, etc
- More environments and ships
Here are the controls for the racing part of the game. The editor controls are shown on screen at all times.
- A: accelerate
- X: boost
- B: brake
- Y: change camera
- LT/RT: lean
The game only runs on Windows for now. Mac and Linux versions are possible, and are definitely on our wishlist, but we don't want to commit to those until we can be sure we'll be able to test and support them properly.
Want to keep up with the latest project updates? Follow us!