The Last Cargo is a top-down exploration survival horror where your road to independence leads through the hell of imprisonment.
The main theme of The Last Cargo is indoctrination, whose main purpose is to control the way an individual perceives and evaluates reality. This issue was presented as an allegory, in a minimalist way.
The action takes place in a mysterious building with specific features, where many objects of your surroundings are randomized during each play, so that each subsequent trial to endure this nightmare is unique. Your goal is to recover autonomy and subjectivity for the eponymous cargo, but TLC does not hold your hand throughout play.
The Last Cargo creates unique challenges and offers unconventional gameplay, requiring not only awareness and skill, but also invoking the need of deeper reflection.
- Every game is different because of the unique randomising system
- Consequence mechanics influencing many additional factors in the game
- Optional permadeath and survival modes
- 18 perks, each with 3 stages of development
- 6 different endings, dependent on the player’s choices
- 3 difficulty levels (but no easy mode)