Originally released in October 15th, 2012, The Man in the Cape has been updated and improved for release on Steam. The Special Edition includes:
- Support for popular 16:9 resolutions, from 720p to 4k.
- A better game foundation, including a much higher framerate.
- A number of rendering, input, text, art, bug, and crash fixes.
- The game has been completely rebalanced for a more enjoyable experience.
- Steam Achievements have been added.
About the Game
The Man in the Cape: Special Edition is a twin stick, run-and-gun, arcade-style shooter. The Man in the Cape must blast his way past hordes of creatures, room to room, in a quest to escape from Mr. Granderson’s nefarious superhero elimination dungeon!
- Over 60 Rooms of Terror: Challenge yourself in Mr. Granderson’s dungeon. It spans 60+ rooms, filled to the brim with vile, nanotech infused monstrosities! Be the superhero mankind deserves!
- Overcome Mr. Granderson’s Supervillain Army: Encounter nanotech infused bugs, sad robots, former armyman-turned-bad guys, and even an angry Pill Bug in Granderson’s elimination dungeon!
- Use Guns and Gold: Pick up dropped weapons to give The Man in the Cape a boost of firepower! Collect mountains of silver and gold to buy upgrades to give yourself superhuman speed and endurance!
- Terrifyingly Strange Boss Battles: Pit yourself in a fight to the death against a stomach virus, a burning woman, and a man wearing a fireplace rug as a cape in oddly staged boss battles!
Mr. Granderson, the owner of Granderson Electronics Repair, is a simple businessman. He works hard and keeps to himself. But somehow, his building has become a magnet for superheroes, who feel the need to stand on his roof to cast an eye over their beloved city.
Having had enough, Mr. Granderson concocted a plan for revenge. In a form never seen before, Mr. Granderson then constructed a vast underground superhero elimination dungeon to trap all those who seek to trespass on his property. It was only a matter of time before Granderson would find success, having trapped popular "superhero" The Man in the Cape!
With a "take no prisoners" pledge, The Man in the Cape must now fight against the dungeon’s horde of nanotech driven creatures and bring Mr. Granderson to justice!