About the Game
The Witcher: Wild Hunt is a story-driven, next-generation open world role-playing game set in a visually stunning fantasy universe full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences. In The Witcher you play as the professional monster hunter, Geralt of Rivia, tasked with finding a child of prophecy in a vast open world rich with merchant cities, viking pirate islands, dangerous mountain passes, and forgotten caverns to explore.
PLAY AS A HIGHLY TRAINED MONSTER SLAYER FOR HIRE
Trained from early childhood and mutated to gain superhuman skills, strength and reflexes, witchers are a distrusted counterbalance to the monster-infested world in which they live.
- Gruesomely destroy foes as a professional monster hunter armed with a range of upgradeable weapons, mutating potions and combat magic.
- Hunt down a wide range of exotic monsters from savage beasts prowling the mountain passes to cunning supernatural predators lurking in the shadows of densely populated towns.
- Invest your rewards to upgrade your weaponry and buy custom armour, or spend them away in horse races, card games, fist fighting, and other pleasures the night brings.
EXPLORE A MORALLY INDIFFERENT FANTASY OPEN WORLD
Built for endless adventure, the massive open world of The Witcher sets new standards in terms of size, depth and complexity.
- Traverse a fantastical open world: explore forgotten ruins, caves and shipwrecks, trade with merchants and dwarven smiths in cities, and hunt across the open plains, mountains and seas.
- Deal with treasonous generals, devious witches and corrupt royalty to provide dark and dangerous services.
- Make choices that go beyond good & evil, and face their far-reaching consequences.
CHASE DOWN THE CHILD OF PROPHECY
Take on the most important contract to track down the child of prophecy, a key to save or destroy this world.
- In times of war, chase down the child of prophecy, a living weapon of power, foretold by ancient elven legends.
- Struggle against ferocious rulers, spirits of the wilds and even a threat from beyond the veil – all hell-bent on controlling this world.
- Define your destiny in a world that may not be worth saving.
FULLY REALIZED NEXT GENERATION
- Built exclusively for next generation hardware, the REDengine 3 renders the world of The Witcher visually nuanced and organic, a real true to life fantasy.
- Dynamic weather systems and day/night cycles affect how the citizens of the towns and the monsters of the wilds behave.
- Rich with storyline choices in both main and subplots, this grand open world is influenced by the player unlike ever before.
If you own a PlayStation 4 or are planning to buy one, these games should definitely be in your collection. [Source: looper.com ]
Which is the better game, Horizon Zero Dawn or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? [Source: noobfeed.com ]
There is seldom an RPG released today without a romantic option. Love and sex have become a common gaming theme. This trend begs a few questions: do games invoke love and lust in the eyes of their pla...[Read More]
“BioWares Fabrice Condominas said that the Mass Effect studio has learned a lot from Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Witcher.” – Sinia Buan [Source: freedomcgc.com ]
DSOGaming writes: “A few hours ago, we shared the latest version of the Super Turbo Lighting Mod for The Witcher 3. Well The Witcher 3 fans, here is something extra for you today. Modder Halk Ho...[Read More]
Amazon has today kicked off its 24-hour Digital Day sale, offering substantial discounts on a wide variety of products including the promise of up to “80 percent off hundreds of video game title...[Read More]
CD Projekt RED’s Story Director Marcin Blacha expressed his belief that a game like The Witcher is probably not a work of art.[Source: wccftech.com ]