Underhero is a 2D side-scroller RPG adventure game with timing-based combat. It tells an intriguing and mysterious story, full of silly characters brimming with personality, quirky dialogue, and lots of weird humor.
Inspired by Paper Mario games and RPGs in general, it tells the story of a world where the chosen hero has failed and an underling of the main villain takes his place as the new “hero”. Join the magical hilt Elizabeth the IV and the little Masked Kid, as they travel the world to restore Elizabeth’s long lost power, so they can defeat the tyrannical Mr. Stitches and save the world once and for all!
- A sidescrolling RPG adventure full of beautiful pixel art and cartoony aesthetics.
- Turn-based combat with a twist: there are no turns! All you have is your reflexes and your timing. We call it timing-based combat.
- Attack to the beat of the music to chain rhythm combos! Groovy~
- Enemies consider you their ally, so you can talk to them!
- A wonderful original soundtrack composed by Stijn van Wakeren.
- An always evolving HUB world full of characters.
- Mini games!
- Light puzzle elements.
- Some good old platforming.
- Fun and intense boss battles!
- A satire of RPG tropes.
- A story shrouded in mystery…