After an impressive success on smartphone, more than 10 downloads including 3 of unknown origin, we can talk about intergalactic success and draw the following conclusions:
- The extra terrestrials exist
- They play Xploquest
For this reason and answering the growing demand (a friend asked for it yesterday), Xploquest finally arrives on Steam.
Yes, you read correctly. Our teams (me and myself) worked hard to offer Xploquest on Windows, Mac and Linux.
But what is Xploquest?
Xploquest has all the features of indie game:
- It’s ugly but with a lot of charm
- It’s cheap
- It’s played like an old game but with a current interface
- It’s done with love
Xploquest is a retro RPG inspired by the greatest:
- Might & Magic
- Legend of Zelda
- Dragon’s eye
The moves are tile-based and fighting is turn based. You explore the world freely and discover new places, dungeons and caves.
Okay, but what are the real assets?
Ok you want something concrete:
- It’s hard, the game only saves when you’re in a city. If you explore without being ready, you may die very quickly.
- No tiresome scenario, endless dialogs with tasteless NPCs. In Xploquest, you are alone, you do what you want, as you want.
- A clear quest system. When you accept a quest, it appears on the map. (xploquest 2)
- Perfect for both long and short game sessions.
- You can give up Xploquest for weeks and come back without wondering what to do. In addition, the game will not blame you for this absence.
- You can play other RPG at the same time.
- Perfect for a break.
Well, I’m intrigued and almost interested. I need an argument that kills.
Easy, I kept the best for last:
In Xploquest, as in any role-playing game, you earn gold. The difference with others is that you can spend it.
Whether it’s equipment, skills, food, potions or scrolls, you’ll have to pay.
Fights only bring in experience and gold, the chess contain gold (and maybe something else for some.
No more depressed to have millions of gold coins without being able to spend them.
In Xploquest, managing your gold is a very important aspect of the game.
I am convinced. Last question: is there a goal?
Yes the game ends when you have explored all the floors of the tower. For this you will have to find the 10 keys that will unlock each floor.
It’s perfect. The final word ?
It’s free, guaranteed without advertising and without in-app purchase.
I developed the game, it’s up to you now.